Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Flourless Peanut Butter Carob Cookies

I don't bake. 
Often that is. What I really enjoy is baking for others. Luckily I work at a place where baked goods are encouraged and welcome. 
Recently I found a recipe I was willing to give a shot. 
Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 c creamy peanut butter
3/4 c granulated sugar (I used a little less than this)
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 salt
1 c carob chips (you can use chocolate if you prefer)

Method:
Preheat the oven to 350.
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, except the carob chips, until smooth. Stir in the carob chips. 
Spoon dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. The cookies will not spread.
Bake for 12 min. Remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. 

The cookies turned out to be fluffy and surprisingly delicious. 

On a side note: I'm usually not a fan of using white sugar. It's as useless as white bread. This time I had some at my house and wanted to do some baking. Next time I may try brown sugar. I wouldn't mind giving them another shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment