Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Love Your Local Mountain

Happy Sunday to all of you powder hounds out there.
After an amazing day out on the mountain yesterday, I realized I needed to dedicate this post to one place that has influenced my life for the last 15 years.

Lost Trail Ski Area is celebrating its 75th season this year. I moved to the Bitterroot Valley in 1999 and my family took up Lost Trail as our home mountain. Weekend after weekend my dad and I made the trek to the mountain for ski school, two-man chairlifts, and cheese fries. I can honestly say that there was no better way to spend my weekends in the winter.

Today I ski at the same mountain I know and love. Even though Lost Trail has expanded, thinned, and changed, I believe it's for the better. Change is a good thing...as long as they keep the cheese fries. It still brings the same snow, terrain, and local feel that makes anyone feel at home.

Here's to the mountain that brings me great memories, snow, and views that never cease to amazing me.






No comments:

Post a Comment