Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

Northwest Goes Southwest

In the last few weeks my life has been a whirlwind. Bachelorette parties, brewery tours, Colorado, and finding out that I'm going to New Mexico for two months for work.

 That's right, this Northwesterner is heading to the Southwest.

As much as I was initially bummed to miss Montana during its prime season, I'm really excited to go on this new adventure to the desert, where I may or may not sizzle and evaporate.

For all of you that will be in Montana this summer, live it up for me. If you somehow run out of activities to partake in or you just need to add a little spice to your life while you're in the Missoula area this summer, here are a few of my favorite things to do:

1) Floating the Clark Fork: River rats unite! Get your tubes, bags of wine (you will make friends, I promise), and Chacos to the river. I suggest hitchhiking, pit stops at White Trash Beach, and not wearing your favorite pair of sunglasses.
2) Hiking Squaw Peak: Between the beargrass blooming, slate rock scrambling, and the views of the Missoula Valley and Mission Mountains, you will not be disappointed. Directions to the trailhead can be found here: http://www.summitpost.org/ch-paa-qn-peak-squaw-peak/393990#chapter_2
3) Drinks on the Patio: Al's and Vic's and Draught Works are perfect.

I'll be chomping at the bit to get to Flathead and Glacier upon my return but in the meantime get yourselves on a boat and into the mountains.

In the next couple of months you can expect a rundown on food, culture, my heat survival, camping adventures, and much more. My love of spicy food, tequila, silver, and turquoise is about to get really serious.

The roadtrip begins tomorrow. I wonder how many people drive Subarus in New Mexico.....

Until August, Missoula.





No comments:

Post a Comment