Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

More Than Just a Change in Season.

Two weeks have passed and so much has changed. It's officially fall - my favorite season.

A few updates:
1) As promised, I have two fall recipes to share
2) 10 more miles have been added toward my goal
3) I accepted a new position in Salt Lake City, Utah and will be moving in just over a month. Crazy right?

For my first round of fall recipes I give you Quinoa Lasagna brought to you by Averie Cooks and Spicy Southwest Pumpkin Soup by A Spicy Perspective.

These ladies were spot on with their recipes and I didn't modify either recipe aside from using lactose free dairy products and a spicy marinara for the lasagna. Both recipes were easy, filling, and vegetarian. Perfect for fall and could easily have meat added if you prefer.

Last weekend I ventured back to the Bitterroot for another hike into the Selway Bitterroot Wilderness up Sweeney Creek. Given that I was in a time crunch, I only ventured to the first of three lakes, Peterson Lake. The hike was 10 miles round trip which puts me at 47 miles since I've returned from New Mexico. I have one week and 13 miles to go to reach my goal!

Here is a view of Peterson Lake from the trail. From this point the trail takes a long descent down to the lake and then continued to climb back up to the upper lakes.

After hiking Saturday, it was time to celebrate Lindsey's 25th birthday. The Griz had a win and we played drinking games that had not been thought of since we were 21. Funny how things change. After the game we went out to celebrate and see my favorite local band, The Lil Smokies. I was lucky enough to see them the following day as well at Montana Snowbowl where they opened for David Grisman.
Ski areas, beer, and live music. What more could I want?
Now begins the countdown for the big move. I can't believe how fast these next five weeks are going to pass. I have so many trips, hikes, and places to eat for my last hurrah (for now) in my favorite state and place I call home. Kettlehouse, you'll be seeing me...many times.

I'm really looking forward to exploring, skiing, and adventuring in Utah. I can't wait to add another state to my list of places lived. The Northwest Gypsy forges ahead.... but let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's my favorite time of the year in Missoula and I intend to enjoy every moment.

Grab your boots and party pants, this will be one hell of an October.
Hike on and beer me.

k.


2 comments: